Friday, November 11, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies

My friend showed me this recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip brownies, and I thought it sounded wonderful! But after reading the comments I decided to adjust the recipe some. The following recipe is with my adjustments.


Yield: 24 small brownies or 12 fat brownies

 
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 whole egg
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (original recipe calls for 1 tsp. but we LOVE chocolate around here!)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (we have a cinnamon allergy in the house so I omitted this one, but feel free to include it!)
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350˚F. Butter an 11″- x 7″-inch pan. (I used a clear glass casserole type dish)

In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs and oil until smooth. Mix together the flour, baking powder, spices, salt and brown sugar.  Add to the wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated.  Stir in the chocolate chips.

Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.  Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until passes toothpick test.  Cool completely before cutting.

My version tastes more like a brownie with a delicious pumpkin undertone.
I doubled the recipe, and consequently the cooking time, since it didn't seem like enough for how much I wanted to make, and it's a good thing I did!  They were scarfed down very quickly...everyone loved them! So the only picture I ended up getting was my lone little brownie on my plate! Well, and my husband's brownie sitting right next to mine. ;-)

Next time I make this I plan to NOT add any cocoa powder, or chocolate chips. Instead I will add chopped up dried cranberries and maybe a little orange zest. I think that I will make that this weekend with my girls, so I will let you know how it turned out! ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment