Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sienna Dress Pattern Remix...Kinda

Project Run and Play had a challenge for doing a pattern remix. The pattern was the Sienna Dress by Lil Blue Boo. While I do not have the pattern (hence the "Kinda" in the title of the post!), I DO know how to make them. I create the majority of the patterns I use myself, so I didn't feel the need to buy the Sienna Dress pattern. However, I DO love Lil Blue Boo and all of the amazing stuff she creates. I'm sure her pattern tutorials are just as great as the rest of her tutorials.
I think it's a very cute dress to begin with, but since the challenge was not to make the pattern as-is, but to make it different, I decided to change it up a bit.
I kept the raglan sleeve, but made it a flutter.

I made the length more like a tunic instead of a dress. Although if I made it a size too big for her it would be a dress that she could grow into wearing as a tunic.

And I added layers of ruffles to the booty.


I just LOVE ruffles on the booty. Especially for little ones!
I know it isn't a huge leap away from the original Sienna Dress pattern, but I think it's enough different to be considered a remix. And I love the way it turned out so much that I put it in the 3Giraffes Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment