Friday, February 17, 2012

Pinapple Casserole


Today is another yummy Food Friday post from Ashley of Dishes. I really would love to try this one out! It sounds yummy and different than anything I usually make. :)

~~~ ** ~~~

Everywhere I take this, I refuse to tell people what's in it until they try it. It's often mistaken for mashed potatoes from its looks. No one has ever not loved it, and most of the time I get asked for the recipe. This was my grandma's go-to dish for potlucks, and I use it for anything from breakfast to holiday dinners.

I made this for our family of three with the amount of ingredients (and had leftovers). Feel free to double, triple, etc as needed.

You will need a can of pineapple tidbits (20 Oz), 1 tbsp sugar, 1.5 cups cheese, 2 tbsp flour, 1 tbsp butter, and ritz-style crackers.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Drain the pineapple, but reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid.

Mix flour and sugar in a casserole dish, then add cheese.


 
Mix in the pineapple.

Next, melt the butter and mix it with the reserved pineapple juice. Your young ones can help from here on. Crumble crackers- I did this in the package to keep the mess to the minimum. I like my crackers in larger pieces, crumble them until it feels right to you.


Mix the crumbs with the butter/juice mix and spread evenly over the top of casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.



We had ours with "breakfast for dinner."

No comments:

Post a Comment