Friday, June 22, 2012

Alice in Wonderland Party Part 1

So, my daughter turned 11 and had a party. An Alice in Wonderland party. Because she is an enormous Alice fan! I didn't take any pictures of the processes by which I made most things, BUT I do have many pictures of the party! And of the fun items I made/found/bought/traded for!
First I will start with my girls and what they wore.

The birthday girl wanted to be the Mad Hatter, so I made a dress, jacket and hat for her to wear. Her striped petticoat was from her halloween costume last year.

The top of the dress was made using an oversized t-shirt that was screen printed with suspenders, buttons down the center, and a bowtie. I had to cut off the bow tie and then applique it on after I had the dress made since the shirt was so large.

The skirt was made from a super soft lime green microfiber sheet with embossing in it. And fun pick-ups using ribbon to show off the striped pettiskirt.

I just so happened to find the PERFECT fabric for the jacket in the clearance section of JoAnn's a few days before the party.

Two different types of buttons placed wonky to each other.



For my younger daughter I made an Alice dress, apron, and bloomers. I had already made the hair clip.

The whole outfit together! The apron is a separate piece so that it can be removed if wanted. The skirt of the dress is made from a beautifully embroidered, very soft, upcycled sheet.

A ruffle added for cuteness. And the lace strip down the middle has sequins on it! :)






Together they looked completely adorable!



Part 2 will have some of the party details in it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment